Written by Dave Catlin and illustrated by Malcom Livingstone. This comprehensive little book provides a comprehensive review of structures and structural ideas. The sections include:
- Structures: defining basic ideas
- Loads: Different types of forces on structures
- Structural Bits: Beams, Cantilevers, Columns, Ties, etc.
- Improving Structures: Effect of Size, Shape, Material, etc.
- Structureal Ideas: Arches, Domes, Catenaries, Truss, etc.
This book clarfies key concepts, shows how they work together illustrated with examples like how the strucutral ideas behind the bicycle wheel was used to create the roof of Madison Sqaure Gardents sports stadium in New York.